BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 1, 2010

July is over, already!?!

YOWSERS!! That was THE. QUICKEST. MONTH!!! I mean it seems like just last week that we were celebrating the 4th of July and NOW it's August 1st!!!! Sheesh!

Well with the new month, comes some new news. Tho I was fully anticipating it, it still hurts like a mo-fo to know that we have to wait a few more weeks for B to return. AND I STILL don't have an actual date, just a really vague one. But at least now I can begin(sorta) planning J's big bday bash!! I really didn't know just how they'd take the news of the delay of B arrival... I thought they might have taken it a bit harder. But my little soldiers(well sailors really!) took the news all in stride. L's been through enough to know that stuff like this can happen, so she really wasn't surprised. And J's too excited about his bday tomorrow to really care much about anything else. I have to say I'm a bit sad for my kids to be such hardened at the ripe old age of 9 and almost 6! I mean I was the one who broke down when I read those fateful words in B's email and had such a dreadful night trying to sleep, knowing 'the end' was now much farther away. But just like everything else with this lifestyle, it is what it is and tomorrow is a new day!

Yes, tomorrow 'baby' will be 6!! I honestly don't know how we got to this point. It's literally flown by. Seems like it was only last year that we were battling him to stay in his bed at night and locking our house up like it was Fort Knox because of our little escape artist! Now he's riding a 2 wheel bike and going to school. We've got a fairly low keyed plan for tomorrow. Dropping L of at school while J and I sit through the kindergarten orientation. I'm not quite sure they feel the need to essentially waste an entire day of instruction to only give us about an hour's worth of information...seems like they could have scheduled that for perhaps an evening the week prior to school starting?! But that's just my opionion! ;) Then we'll head to the store pick up whatever kind of cake he wants and come home and make it! Hopefully we'll get a bit of quality time in before we have to head back to the school to get L. For dinner we're heading out to Hard Rock Cafe...I thought he'd really enjoy the atmosphere there, since there's a ton of stuff EVERYWHERE!!

Alrighty, now it's time for me to unwind and de-stress before the crazy adventures called school begin tomorrow!!

~K

0 comments: